Online casinos have made it much more convenient and easy to play casino games; however, some players still prefer the exciting rush found in land-based casinos. Luckily, there are live dealer actions that combine the best of both worlds. They manage to project the thrills of a land-based casino and offer the perks of online gambling. Players can have live interactions with dealers and other players in real time, which offer a much more immersive experience.
How to Play Live Casino
Each live casino online has its own unique set of rules, however, the basic gameplay of these casinos is very similar to the standard casino rules. Live casino games use OCR technology (Optical Character Recognition) that automatically reads cards and roulette wheels, and distinctly displays the values on the screen. The live dealer performs a number of functions, including starting or ending a game, taking bets, dealing cards or spinning the roulette wheel, not to mention, they are the main point of contact. The video stream is uninterrupted during the game so you can see the dealer’s hands and the wheel or deck of cards to avoid rigging. Live casinos also feature a chat option, which allows you to communicate with the dealer and other players.
Live Casino Games
Although there are a handful of live casino games, they come in different variants. The most common ones include:
In what can be described as a faceoff between the dealer and a player, live blackjack offers some of the best player-dealer interactions. The rules of blackjack don’t change. First, don’t bust (go over 21), and secondly, beat the dealer’s hand or have them bust. Pretty simple stuff!
Live Roulette is as faced-paced and engaging as the land-based casino game, and offers multiple betting and winning options. The rules also don’t change, however, there’s a fixed time-frame for placing bets. Once the time limit elapses, the live dealer spins the wheel and calls the winning number.
Live Baccarat is offered in many variants, with the common version being Punto Banco. The standard baccarat rules apply. And, just like live roulette, players place their bets on the customized user interface, which are then acknowledged by the live dealer before drawing the cards.
Other live casino games include Casino Hold’em, three card poker, Caribbean poker, Sic Bo, etc. All you need is to find a casino with providers that have what you are looking for. There are several software providers that create live casino games, including Amaya Gaming, Asia Live Tech, BetConstruct, Evolution Gaming, Ezugi, Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, XproGaming, and much more.
Where You Can Play
Most players prefer playing from their PCs as it gives access to the full suite of casino games. Online casinos also offer players the option to play from their mobile devices. Mobile live dealer games are ideal for those looking to play on the go.
Finding the Right Live Casino for You
Seeing that live casino games are increasingly gaining popularity, many online casinos offer them to their customers. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a live dealer casino:
- Games available: The number of games offered greatly impacts your gaming experience.
- Software appearance: Consider a live casino online with trusted software providers for safety purposes. In addition, a site with multiple software providers offers a variety of games, which means you are bound to find something that interests you.
- Minimum and maximum bets: Find a site that matches your gambling budget.
- Licensing and registration: Unlicensed sites are not subject to any regulations, as such, they are prone to practicing unsafe business. Some of the most reputable regulatory gaming bodies include UK Gambling Commission, Isle of Man, Malta, and Gibraltar.
- Device compatibility
- Customer Service
How to Get Started
Getting started with live casino games is really easy.
- Find an online casino that offers live dealer gaming and fits your gambling needs. This shouldn’t be too hard considering most online casinos now feature live gaming.
- Sign up at the desired casino. Some online casinos allow players to try the games for free. This can be a great way to get familiar with the game and the site’s layout before wagering real cash. Players will then be required to make a deposit using one of the site’s available payment methods.
- Jump onto the casino’s live dealer area, select a game, and begin playing.
- It’s important to read and follow the game’s rules, as well as, the dealer’s instructions to avoid making mistakes or violating any rules.
Now that you are more aware of what playing live casino games entails, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Check your bandwidth
- Don’t chase losses
- Know live casino etiquette
- Only bet what you can afford
- Most importantly, have fun.